Nationwide is one of the largest and most well-known insurance and financial services companies in the United States. It was founded on February 17, 1925, as the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Mutual Automobile Insurance Company.
The original purpose of this insurer was to provide auto coverage to its members, who were primarily farmers because they needed help finding options with other companies.
Didn't You Try Our Quote Comparison Tool Yet? Save BIG by Doing it!
During the early years, Nationwide focused on serving rural communities and farmers in Ohio. The customer-centric approach and competitive insurance offerings helped them to grow steadily.
In 1955, the company changed its name to Nationwide to reflect its presence outside of Ohio. Today, this insurer is one of the top motorcycle insurance providers in the country.
Table of Content
- How to Get a Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance Quote?
- Best Ways to Get Competitive Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance Rates
- Pros and Cons of Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance
- Nationwide Ratings in Critical Categories
- FAQ About Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance
- Should I Get Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance?
How to Get a Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance Quote?
I’ve found it is easier to request an insurance quote by gathering all the information before starting the online process or speaking with an agent. You’ll need your personal details, driver’s license number, motorcycle make and model, VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), usage details, and any safety features installed on your bike.
Once you have the info to provide, you can use Nationwide’s online quote tool. If you prefer to speak with someone for a personalized quote, call 1 (888) 891-0132.
If you don’t have time to complete the process right now, Nationwide provides an option to save your information to continue the quote request later.
The rates received from Nationwide are based on year-round coverage, which is something loan originators often require. Deductible benefits are included in this option.
You do have the choice of seasonal motorcycle insurance in some markets.
Once you receive your free quote, you’ll receive the policy terms and conditions to review. This information includes the coverage details, limitations, exclusions, and any optional add-ons you might want to have.
If you agree with the terms, just sign and accept the contract. Your Nationwide insurance starts right away. You can print the documents or wait for them to arrive by mail.
Best Ways to Get Competitive Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance Rates
The best way to get a competitive motorcycle insurance quote from Nationwide is to explore the company’s discount offerings. When you become a member, you can often save on your monthly premiums for things you already do, like taking a safety course or owning a home.
When requesting a motorcycle insurance quote, you’ll want to see if you can qualify for the following discounts.
- Multi-Policy. You’ll save money on motorcycle insurance if you combine another vehicle, home, or life policy with your bike.
- Homeowner. If you own a townhouse, condo, or home, you’re qualified to receive this discount. Even mobile homes are eligible for it.
- Paid in Full. You can pay less for your motorcycle insurance if you pay for the entire policy upfront instead of breaking the payment into monthly installments.
- Theft-Recovery Device. If your motorcycle has a GPS or a professionally installed radio with tracking, you can see reductions in your comprehensive coverage through Nationwide.
- Riding Association. Several riding associations qualify for discount opportunities, including the Harley Owners Group.
Some insurance rating risk factors are difficult to change immediately, such as your driving record. You’ll save the most money with at least three years of riding experience and no violations, tickets, or accidents.
If you’re looking to save even more, Nationwide’s set of discount options can reduce your financial obligations significantly.
Pros and Cons of Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance
After reviewing the terms and conditions of the motorcycle insurance quotes I received and evaluating the entire experience, I see these advantages and disadvantages in working with this company.
|List of the Pros of Using Nationwide
|List of the Cons of Using Nationwide
|Motorcycle insurance coverage is available across the United States. The services and benefits are accessible in most locations, which benefits those who travel frequently.
|The wide range of coverage options could be more expensive for you than other motorcyclists. It’s essential to request quotes from multiple companies to ensure you receive the best rate.
|You can tap into plenty of insurance options, including liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
|Nationwide may not offer motorcycle insurance in certain regions despite operating in many states. If you live in one of these areas, you’ll need to look for alternative insurance options.
|Policyholders can get assistance easily as this insurer offers multiple customer support channels, including phone, email, and online chat.
|Policyholders have reported delays in claims processing time, which can be frustrating when waiting for a deserved payout.
|You can access several potential discount options to keep your cost profile reasonable.
|Your policy may have restrictions, exclusions, and limitations. Carefully review all documents to understand your motorcycle insurance coverage.
|With over 100 years of service, the financial stability found with this insurer gives you confidence that your claims will be paid. They have an A+ rating or higher from A.M. Best in most markets.
|Bundling your insurance can provide an additional discount, but it also requires a commitment to another policy type. If you prefer to keep them separate, the administration work to keep up with your documents could be cumbersome.
Nationwide Ratings in Critical Categories
- Customer Service: 4/5. Long wait times to speak with a real person were the only issue.
- Online Tools and Resources: 5/5. You can use any channel, including the company’s mobile app, to request a motorcycle insurance quote.
- Claims Process: 3/5. Some claims can involve a lengthy wait, especially if the process could lead to a higher payout.
- Coverage Options: 5/5. You can insure almost any motorcycle through Nationwide.
- Financial Stability: 5/5. Even with some patience required in the claims process, you can have confidence that the money is there and will be awarded as expected.
- Additional Features: 3/5. Although you can customize a policy, Nationwide has limited protections for daily commuters or high-value motorcycles.
- Underwriting Process: 4/5. Everything is straightforward through Nationwide. I recommend thoroughly reading the terms and conditions offered.
- Pricing: 3/5. Although Nationwide is cost-competitive with other motorcycle insurers, the rates are slightly higher in many markets than their competitors.
- Reputation: 3/5. Most customers are satisfied with Nationwide’s services.
FAQ About Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance
Nationwide delivers an excellent combination of value and coverage if you’re looking for motorcycle insurance today. Here are some common questions people encounter when requesting a free quote from this company.
Does Nationwide Offer Motorcycle Insurance?
Nationwide provides standard and custom motorcycle insurance policies. If you have specific needs to cover, you can design your coverage to include up to any and all of the following.
– Up to a dozen motorcycles can be on the same policy with up to $50,000 in coverage for each.
– Custom parts protection of up to $30,000 is available.
– You can insure custom motorcycles and trikes with up to $50k in coverage.
– Trailer protection can be added.
Check the complete overview of Nationwide’s motorcycle insurance coverage options to see if your particular needs are covered.
Is Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance Good?
To determine if Nationwide’s motorcycle insurance suits you, it’s essential to research and compare their coverage options, premiums, customer reviews, and ratings with other insurance providers.
Most customers are happy with Nationwide’s coverage choices, customization features, and general affordability. Although this insurer can be expensive in some markets, they are typically cost-competitive with other national motorcycle insurance providers.
What Motorcycle Types Does Nationwide Insure?
Nationwide insures most motorbikes. You’ll find options for new or like-new motorcycles, vintage or antique models, mopeds, scooters, dirt bikes, custom models, sport bikes, touring, trikes, and classics.
Nationwide has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 1955. They have an A+ rating. Policies are available in 47 out of 50 states.
Should I Get Nationwide Motorcycle Insurance?
Are you a casual rider, or do you use your bike daily? What make and model do you own? Newer, more expensive bikes might need comprehensive coverage, while older models might only require basic liability.
Both are coverable through Nationwide, but I have found that those with daily commuters or limited customization tend to see the best rates. I found my offer to be fair, and the customer service has been outstanding throughout my entire relationship with this company.
Nationwide could be a strong option if it aligns with your needs and budget expectations. The best way to determine that is to request a free quote.
Use This Tool for Free and Save on Quotes!